10th Congress of the Asian Association of Environmental and Resource Economics, held in Seoul, Korea, August 20 – 21, 2021. AAERE is the new name of the former East Asian Association of Environmental and Resource Economics (EAAERE). AAERE strives to encourage communication of academic ideas for scholars on topics of an interdisciplinary nature relating to economics and the management of the environment and natural resources in Asia. This 10th Congress will be an opportunity for members to present their research findings to share and discuss the most pertinent topics in relation to the main theme, “Climate Risk and Sustainable Development in Asia.”
The 10th Congress will be a full online conference using Zoom Video Webinars. The Congress might be expanded into a hybrid type of conference utilizing both online and offline presentations, if the COVID19 situation gets better.
The Congress is hosted by AAERE, and co-hosted by the Korea Environmental Economics Association (KEEA) and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS), Seoul National University. KEEA, Korea Energy Economics Institute (KEEI), and Korea Environment Institute (KEI) are co-organizing the event.
The main theme of the 10th Congress is “Climate Risk and Sustainable Development in Asia.”
Global climate risk requires urgent action to mitigate and adapt to climate change. Asia is a climate change-vulnerable region with high responsibility for greenhouse gas emissions. Because of its large share of global production and population, establishing and implementing effective measures for mitigation and adaption in the region are crucial for avoiding potential global damages. The region’s diverse environmental and economic conditions hinder concerted efforts to cope with climate risk. Overcoming the challenges of climate change is becoming the most important precondition for sustainable development in Asia and the rest of the world.
Environmental and resource economics should play a central role in meeting such challenges by analyzing the economic/environmental impacts of alternative human behaviors and deriving incentives for shifting human behavior toward sustainable development. Members and colleagues all over the world will meet to discuss and share their research findings. The Congress will not only host scientific works, but also to in-depth policy-related presentations and discussions.
The Congress is open to environmental and resource economic issues including:
- Impacts of climate change
- Adaptation to climate change
- Risk and uncertainty assessment
- International cooperation in mitigation
- Energy transition
- Environmental policy in general
- Non-market valuation
- Health and environment
- Environment and development
- Regional development
- Natural resource industries
- Mitigation policies of climate change
- Integrated assessment models
- Co-benefits of CO2 control
- Fine dust and air pollution
- Renewable energy
- Ecosystem management
- Food and agriculture
- International trade and environment
- Marine and forest resources
- International aid and environment
- The deadline for submitting an abstract or a proposal is May 31, 2021.
- Notification of the review outcome will occur June 15, 2021.
- The deadline for registration for presenters and early -bird registration is June 30, 2021.
- The deadline for a full-paper submission in any of the sessions is July 15, 2021.
- The deadline for registration for all participants is July 15, 2021.
You can submit a paper or a proposal at the conference website: http://www.aaere2021.org. Please visit the website for additional details.