Environmental Economics in Southeast Asia
Transdisciplinary Approaches Towards Sustainability & Enhancing Quality of Life
Organized by the Economy & Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA)
01 – 03 December 2021
We cordially invite you to submit theoretical and empirical papers in all areas of environmental and natural resource economics to the 2021 Annual Conference of the Economy & Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) which will be virtually organized between December 01 and 03 in 2021.
The main theme
The Economy & Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) is calling for submission of research papers topics that apply the tools of economics and transdisciplinary approach in the analysis of policy-relevant environmental challenges and related issues in Southeast Asia in the following areas, but not limited to:
- Interdisciplinary approach for environmental and resource management
- Economics of climate change: Damage assessment and adaptation options
- Designing behavioral economics tools for green growth strategy: Greening forestry sector, renewable energy, greening consumption.
- Coastal and marine resources conservation for climate change resilience and poverty reduction
- Urban poor and the environment: Industrial pollution, ecosystem and human health impact, resilience, policy instruments and institutional changes.
- Green energy for sustainable development
- Environmental transboundary problems in Southeast Asia
Participants will have an opportunity to discuss various transdisciplinary issues related to adaptation, mitigation, and strategies toward a greener, cleaner and inclusive development for Southeast Asia, including policy instruments, future scenarios, transition management, international cooperation and regime at this Annual Conference.
Two prizes will be awarded at the end of the Conference: “Sustainability Prize” for an expert researcher and “Green Prize” for a young female researcher.
While the COVID-19 pandemic prevents researchers to travel abroad, EEPSEA provides domestic travel sponsorship to the onsite venue for participants within countries which well-control the situation without lockdown or social distancing. For the other countries, you are invited to join the online meeting.
Guidelines for submission
Papers for the conference should be submitted via the online submission form at www.eepseapartners.org/annual-conference-2021
- 24 October 2021: Deadline for the manuscript submission
- 01 November 2021: Notification of selected authors
- 15 November 2021: Full/working paper submission (if updated)
- 01-03 December 2021: Conference dates
Contact and Participation
Participation in the virtual research conference is free and we encourage both presenters and non-presenters to register (when registration opens) and participate. An e-Certificate will be sent to participants and/or presenters (with proceeding) after the conference.
If you have queries related to the conference, contact Hoa Tran, the EEPSEA Administrative Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions related to paper presentations can be directed to Nhan Le, the EEPSEA Research and Communication Officer (email@example.com).