CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Training Workshop on Measurement and Implementation of Circular Economy in Southeast Asia
The Economy and Environment Partnership for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA) is pleased to announce a Regional Training Workshop on measurement and implementation of Circular Economy in Southeast Asia, to be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Economics, Law, and Government (ELG 2023) at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. This workshop is designed to provide researchers from Southeast Asian countries with valuable training and knowledge to enhance their understanding of circular economy and improve their research capabilities in the field.
- Training workshop: 26-27 September 2023
- ELG Conference: 28-29 September 2023
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (279 Nguyen Tri Phuong, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
- Understand the fundamentals of circular economy: Provide participants with an overview of the principles, concepts, key drivers of the circular economy model, and development of circular economy-based business models.
- Familiarize participants with circular economy measurement frameworks: Introduce participants to various methodologies, metrics, and tools used for measuring the performance and impact of circular economy initiatives.
- Develop knowledge on key circular economy indicators: Identify and discuss key indicators that help assess the progress and effectiveness of circular economy strategies, such as resource efficiency, solid waste reduction, wastewater treatment, material recycling, and eco-design.
- Learn about circular economy case studies, business models and best practices: Examine successful circular economy projects and initiatives implemented in Southeast Asia and other regions, highlighting the lessons learned and best practices for development of measurement and evaluation standards.
Almas Heshmati is Professor of Economics at Jönköping University. He was Research Fellow at the World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER), The United Nations University during 2001-2004. From 1998 until 2001, he was an Associate Professor of Economics at the Stockholm School of Economics. He has a Ph.D. degree from the University of Gothenburg (1994), where he held a Senior Researcher position until 1998. His research interests include applied microeconomics, globalization, efficiency, productivity, and growth with application to manufacturing and services, environmental economics, and well-being. In addition to more than 200 scientific journal articles he has published books on EU Lisbon Process, Global Inequality, East Asian Manufacturing, Chinese Economy, Technology Transfer, Information Technology, Water Resources, Landmines, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Development Economics, World Values, Poverty, well-being, and Economic Growth.
Owning a H-index of 56 with 15484 citations, Prof. Heshmati is among the top 1% global economists, according to IDEAS and REPEC’s list.
- Overview of the principles, concepts, and key drivers of the circular economy model.
- Development of circular economy-based business models.
- Applications of circular economy at different levels in South-East Asia.
- Measurement and evaluation standards in assessment of circular economy.
- Computations of multidimensional index of circular economy index.
- Measurement of progress and effectiveness of circular economy strategies.
- Development of best circular economy practices, policies, and programs.
- Comparative analysis of best practices for development, measurement, and evaluation standards for circular economy.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must be researchers or academics whose nationals of the following Southeast Asian countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Applicants should have a research paper that aligns with the themes of the ELG Conference 2023 and will be presented at the conference.
- Applicants must hold at least a master’s degree with some basic knowledge in economics.
Thanks to the generous support from Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), the course participation of accepted applicants will be fully sponsored. In addition to networking opportunities with renowned experts and researchers in the field, the EEPSEA Partnership will cover:
- Full coverage of travel expenses (economy class) to and from the workshop location.
- Accommodation for the duration of the workshop and the conference.
- Meal allowance and refreshments during the workshop and conference.
- The ELG Conference fee
- Training materials and resources.
Interested researchers who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to submit their applications for the training workshop. The application should include the following documents:
- Completed application form (online).
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resume highlighting relevant research experience.
- Research paper abstract/summary that will be presented at the ELG conference.
- A brief statement explaining how the workshop will contribute to the applicant’s research and career development.
Please prepare and submit your application online at https://eepseapartners.org/training-courses/regional-training-courses/application/ or https://airtable.com/shrZgHIaUu52XhLQc no later than 30 July 2023.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the research paper to the themes of the ELG conference.
- Potential impact of the workshop on the applicant’s research and career development.
- Geographical and gender diversity.
Successful applicants will be personally notified via email by 15 August 2023 and provided with further details regarding workshop logistics and participation in the ELG conference.
Note: Participants are required to commit to attending the full duration of the workshop and presenting their research paper at the ELG conference.
For inquiries or further information, please contact Mr. Le Thanh Nhan, the Research and Communication Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your applications and welcoming you to this Training Workshop on Circular Economy and the ELG Conference 2023.
Please feel free to circulate the call among your network. Download EEPSEA Call for Applications Training on Circular Economy